- Don't abandon your dog at the dog park. Ok - this one isn't really a lesson I JUST learned, but one that was reiterated this weekend at the dog park. Some crazy lady who should not own a dog and is a disgrace to all pet owners (do you sense resentment? I don't.) was not watching her beautiful standard poodle at the dog park on Sunday. Which is why this very nice young man and I had to babysit it for a good 10 minutes after it was injured at the dog park. The poor thing was screaming in pain and apparently everyone in the dog park noticed except the owner. (I would like to point out that the dog was not injured in a dog fight but must have tripped over something because there was a large deep gash under its armpit ... if that area can be considered an armpit since dogs don't have arms .... maybe it's a legpit.) Point being, the lady didn't even notice her dog was injured, despite it's loud cries, until the other guy went from person to person in the dog park and finally located her. At which point her inappropriate reaction was "who did this to my dog?": umm ... if you'd have been watching your dog you would have known! Idiot.
- Don't eat fast food immediately before going to Pilates. This one should be fairly self-explanatory seeing as how "gas" issues are already embarrassing in such a class when one is in very awkward positions but then add on the recent fast food factor and we're talking about a whole new level of humiliation. My only excuse was that I was starving. Next time I think I'll just let my tummy growl and save my face a few shades of red.
- Don't cut your dog's hair in bed. This should be an add-on to the common "Don't Eat in Bed" rule that everyone already ignores. However, do NOT ignore the dog hair rule. The hair will get everywhere and then somehow it spreads from the bed, to the PJ's, to the other furniture, onto your work clothes, etc. Again - no good excuse. I was in bed reading a book while petting my dog when I noticed some knotted hair and decided to attack it with scissors before it got worse. Somehow my obsessive personality went from just fixing that one area to doing an all over trim and, in some cases, creating matted areas to fix where none existed just so that I could feel useful. :) I thought I picked up the mess but found out this morning that I was wrong.
I'd like to think that I won't be posting many more of these posts but the sad thing is that things like this happen to me more often than I'd care to admit. Which means that I look forward to publicly humiliating myself more in the future. Although ... since only two people read this blog and one is my mom I don't think it's necessarily "public" humiliation.
No comments:
Post a Comment